What is a Moot?
A Moot is a gathering of Rovers, named by Robert Baden-Powell, who got its name from the Old English word meaning assembly or gathering.
I am not a member of Scouts Australia, can I attend?
Yes, as long as you are a registered member of an organisation affiliated with the World Organisation of the Scout Movement (WOSM) or World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
Do I need to be a Rover to attend?
To attend Moot as a participant, you must be:
○ A Registered Member of Scouts Australia, Girl Guides Australia, or another organisation affiliated with the World Organisation of the Scout Movement or World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
○ Born after the 30th December 1993
○ Born before the 30th December 2001
○ Approved by your Contingent Leader in line with their Branch or National Scouting Organisation’s policy
Can Girl Guides attend?
Yes, as long are a Registered Member of Girl Guides Australia, or another organisation affiliated with the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
Australian Rover Scholarship – If you are an Australian Rover you can apply for Moot Buddies – applications found here.
APR Rover Scholarship – if you are from WOSM Category A and B countries – applications to the scholarship can be found here.
To attend Moot as a member of the service team, you must:
○ Hold a Certificate of Adult Membership with Scouts Australia, or the equivalent in an organisation affiliated the World Organisation of the Scout Movement, World Association of Girl Guides & Scouts, or the Baden-Powell Guild
○ Born before the 30th December 1993
○ Be approved by his/her Contingent Leader in line with their Branch policy
I am currently a Venturer (and/or currently under 18), can I still apply?
Yes, as long as you will be 18 by the 30th December 2019 you can apply, however you will need to still be a member of the association during the event.
How do I get to Canberra?
Canberra is an international airport and currently has two international airlines that fly into Canberra daily – Singapore Airlines from Singapore and Qatar Airways from Doha. Alternatively you can fly via Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth or catch a bus or train from Sydney too!
Once in Canberra Map/Directions can be found on here.
I am an from an International Contingent can I come?
Of Course you are welcome! As long as you meet the requirements under “To attend Moot as a participant, you must be”
Can International attendees request a recommendation letter from the Committee so that we can get a visa easier?
For a recommendation letter, we suggest to talk to your International commissioner they should be more than happy to supply a recommended letter to help get a visa
How will CBR Moot be structured?
Is glass allowed onsite?
No, Camp Cottermouth is a glass free site.
Still have a question?